Sunday, July 3, 2022

The Viking Run - 30 Days to Departure


 

30 Days. This is where the countdown truly begins. There are no more months, only days left. They won't go by slow either. That's how it happens. I've been planning this trip for three years, the idea of it coming to fruition is somehow nerve wracking now, nerves about heading out, whether or not I'm really prepared. And it's not just a week or two, it's two whole months and riding almost every day. So many unknowns. I learned yesterday that the Trans Lab Highway is NOT fully paved, Another rider on Instagram is currently riding the same route in reverse and said there are a 100 miles of dirt between Labrador City and Manic 5, Not very pleased about that. Gravel isn't such an issue, I mean it won't be fun but it's ridable. Mud, oh boy! Now mud is a different story. Dirt, gravel roads have a tendency to turn to mud, and 100 miles of mud can easily turn in to a bad day, A long, bad day. But what the hell, before I even get there I gotta deal with D.C., Philly and Boston traffic and who all knows what. So, its all a part of  the adventure. And if it were easy, everyone would do it right? I'll be excited on August 2nd. Until then...well,,, apprehensive.


A stowaway in may saddlebags

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...