Tuesday, June 21, 2022

The Viking Run - 40 Days to Departure


Forty days. That's a crazy number to look at. Less than a month and a half left for something that has been in the works for years to be so close, It's hard to fathom.

I went to Eurocycles up in Daytona last week and had new tires installed on the bike. Michelin Road 6 GTs I ordered from Revzilla. I've never heard so many people rave about a tire, I hope it lives up to the hype. 


Eurocycles of Daytona


Michelin Road 6 GT

They also changed the oil and did an annual service on the bike, which was probably much needed. It got fresh brake fluid and they really doctored the chain up for me, which is good. It's a good starting point for the trip and needs to be something I pay special attention to throughout the ride. I may even try to schedule some chain maintenance along the way just to be safe, in St. John's and then later again in Quebec City.

I ordered some food for a couple of rough camps planned along the TLH and a rechargeable tire inflator today from Amazon. The little compressor was an idea from Devon, the tech up at Eurocycles. I hadn't given that any thought and really think it may be one of the most indispensable tools on the trip. I also had to run up to Bass Pro and pick up another necessity that I have to have and hope I don't need...bear spray!


I don't want to be a testimonial for how good this stuff works.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...