Monday, March 21, 2022

The Viking Run - 132 Days to Departure

 


This past Saturday provided a pleasant surprise. In January when I had to renew my tags on the bike, I applied for a personalized plate. There were several ideas in my head for what I wanted the plate to convey, but when it came down to it the final choice was easy. A tribute to the man who who set the two wheels of this escapade in motion. If anyone knew my dad, they may have knowledge of the unit he served with in Vietnam. 1st Battalion, 9th Marines, Bravo Company or Bravo 1/9 as the unit is known in the Corps. Also known as "The Walking Dead".


My dad would use Bravo 1/9 for various signatures when needed, and it was his moniker for his personal email. So...as I said, this Saturday I had a nice surprise when my new personalized plate arrived and looked like this...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...