Monday, March 28, 2022

The Viking Run - 125 Days to Departure

 


I worked on some bike improvements or mods this past weekend. I'll cover a couple of them here today.

The first thing I added was a radiator guard. I may or may not need one, I just have a bit of concern I may hit a spot of gravel on the TLH or have an oncoming truck throw up some rocks and puncture the radiator in the middle of nowhere. 

 
               Radiator before guard installation


                                                            The new radiator guard is 
                                                    custom fit and branded for the 900XR




 How the guard looks installed. I like it!


The other item I added was a new Givi tank bag. Now this item I really like and don't even know how I've gone on so long without one. This one has a few over the top features however. First, it uses the tank lock system that makes it simply snap on and off the top of the tank from a circular mount around the filler port, so no magnets or straps needed for securing the bag to the bike. It makes for a clean install too. A bonus feature with this bag is it has a key lock incorporated in the locking mechanism, so you can actually lock the bag to the bike. Another feature of this bag is the wire harness kit that runs a hot lead from the battery to a pass through port in the bag that powers a 3 plug USB charger. So incredibly handy and such a clean set up too. It also has a separate waterproof case on top for your cell phone; which I learned on the Kentucky trip, can be more handy than the bike mounted Garmin unit for direction prompts through the headset in the helmet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...