Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Where I Trace My Bloodline - 9 Days to Departure

Today I got my SPOT emergency locator activated again. I have the old Gen 2 model and don't use it much these days, I don't ride off road in Florida like I did back in Alabama. There's just way to much silt when you get off the pavement down here. I had to call SPOT tech support, they have amazing customer service. The company is based out of New Orleans and even a few days after hurricane Ida, I spoke to tech who was working from a lap top at a hotel, having been evacuated from the city and she still provided great service. Carrying the SPOT is not really a necessity for this trip maybe, but I'll be on a lot of mountainous back roads that don't see much traffic and I already own the ELT so, may as well bring it with. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...