Sunday, April 24, 2022

The Viking Run - 100 Days to Departure

 


One hundred days! I'm now in the window of final prep, The trip is just around the corner and will be here very soon. I was riding in Sanford today and decided to stop by the Amtrak station, to get the lay of the land and get to know what to expect in August. I spoke with the ticket agents and saw the motorcycle racks they load on to the rail cars. I wont have a private cabin on the train, I'm going coach so it will be 18 hours in what is described as a first class like seat on an airplane. I sure hope that is the case. 

I have yet to start coming up with gear and clothing and how it will all be packed on the bike. I still have some rather large purchases and preparations to be made. The Bridgestone Battleax's that came as OEM on the bike are worn down the centers, they are more sport oriented than they are touring. So, I'm going to put some Michelin Road 6 GTs on this July. The Road 6s are known for touring and being the kings of wet weather roads. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Today I bought some socks, I was searching the internet for what should be good boot socks and found what I'm hoping will be good ones at Tractor Supply today. I need to do some tent setups and consider what kind of equipment I'll need for my rough camps on the TLH. Water...how to carry two days worth of water will be an interesting trick. 

One hundred days to departure and there is still so much to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...