Sunday, August 22, 2021

Where I Trace My Bloodline - 19 Days to departure

 


Nineteen days to go before I hit the road, but I really only have about fourteen days left to be packed and ready. When arranging dates for this trip I had to take a few things in to account. The biggest of which was a bimonthly infusion I get at my rheumatologist in Jacksonville. Every two months, I drive two hours up to Jax and two hours back after getting a thirty minute infusion to alleviate arthritis. So this trip takes off the day after that visit. It dawned on me this week, why not just ride the bike, laden with all my gear for this trip to my Friday appointment, spend the night in Jax and leave from there on the 11th, thus saving myself 2 hours of northbound driving on the first day. So, quite happy with myself for coming up with that. 

Tonight, I did a bit of practice flying with the drone. I hope to be able to use it for some big aerial views while on the road and let some of those photos and videos help tell this story from a different perspective.


 New Smyrna Beach, Drone Shot

This trip is coming up fast. I hope it doesn't speed by as fast while on the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...