Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Where I Trace My Bloodline - 30 Days to Departure


 30 Days to go; inside that window where everything has to start being finalized. Figuring out what and how to pack, getting equipment ready, etc.The genesis for this trip was the need for a practice run for next years trip, during which the majority of nights spent on the road will be camping. So for this outing, there will be 3 nights spent in a tent, a couple of hotels and an AirBnB, just to give that a try as an option for saving cash next year. Along with camping gear, I'll be running two GoPros, a DJI Mavic Mini drone and attempting to do one or more entries here daily, so a lap top and portable power bank are in the mix too. All of this is dependent on whether I have properly planned the riding route and the subsequent timing each leg will take from AM to PM. Originally this was mostly about the ride, but perusing the limbs of the family tree recently has lead me to adding more stops. With daylight saving not taking place until November, I'm counting on having enough daylight to to get through the each day so as to not be riding through mountain twisties in the dark if I run over budget on any particular day; and I'm sure the mountains themselves have their own opinion as to how my days will gain ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...