Friday, September 17, 2021

Where I Trace My Bloodline - Deals Gap, North Carolina

 This morning I got up and did some laundry before hitting the road. It was sunny and warm and a big departure from being soaked to the bone yesterday. I would be a great ride today. I checked in to the campground yesterday by phone from the bike and asked for a cabin versus trying to pitch a tent when I was already soaked and cold. That made for the right choice as the cabin had all of the needed amenities and was spacious and dry. I wound up getting a late start, leaving the camp at 11AM and heading west towards Harlan, Kentucky. I found Harlon to be an old city dropped in a valley surrounded by tall hills and I couldn't help but imagine how it must have bustled in the 30's, 40's and 50's. 


Harlan, KY

Leaving Harlan, I would have a three hour ride in front of me to my next location, the Dragon City Resort, strategically placed at the starting line of the Tail of the Dragon, I had a hot but dry run almost all the way to Dragon City. When I was about five minutes out it started to sprinkle and then drizzle a bit more as I neared my layover for the night. Upon arrival got of the bike in a light rain and unloaded my gear in to the room before the bottom dropped out. I hope I have that same luck tomorrow when I make my first ever ride on one of North Americas premium motorcycle rides.







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Viking Run, Day 33 - Wawa, Ontario

  It's been a week or so since my last entry. Multiple reasons for that. Several nights without available internet or too late to get on...